Extend the life of your trolley shelters by following these simple steps
Providing a quality service within their facilities is not the only concern for supermarkets, it is also about ensuring a positive experience from the moment customers arrive at the shop.
It is therefore necessary to pay special attention to the care and tidiness of trolley shelters and trolley parks, raising awareness of their importance and promoting good practice among users.
Caring for shopping trolleys is just as important as caring for the shelters that protect them from the weather and vandalism. In fact, trolleys that are parked in shelters last much longer than those that are not left undercover when outdoors, and are better amortised.
These are the necessary steps to keep them in good condition:
First of all, it is important to bear in mind that this maintenance must be carried out annually and after every storm with winds of more than 60 km/h. In addition, it is advisable to follow the safety instructions and use the right products for the task at hand.
- Check the general condition of the trolley shelters, paying attention to the top bolts, the side and front beads, and the nuts and anchor rods or welds in the case of installation on footings.
- Check the condition of the polycarbonates, starting with the roof and make sure that the connecting parts between them are in perfect condition.
- Carefully check the side and front vinyls for dents or scratches, as they are more exposed.
- Check that the vinyls are installed correctly towards the outside.
- Replace the rusty outer seals with new parts, which can be found in the workshop spare parts list.
- Clean the affected part of the structure that suffers from knocks and rust, making sure to remove grease or cleaner residues.
- Apply a rust remover, such as Barpimo CONVERTOXIDE, to the affected area using a small roller or brush, and leave the product to act for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the affected part with masking tape and paint it with RAL7024 paint, preferably using spray paint.
- Be sure to clearly indicate that the area is freshly painted to avoid stains and mishaps.
Carttec, innovating for the future, revolutionising the present.