Socialtec is the technology developed by Carttec’s innovation team for the prevention of coronavirus in supermarkets, department stores, hotels, companies and other commercial establishments.
Since the beginning of this pandemic, it has been shown that the most effective way to avoid coronavirus infections is through social distancing. Therefore, supermarkets have been forced to reduce their maximum capacity of customers and monitor it at all times. In addition, they have had to incorporate horizontal signage on floors, marking the distances to be kept in all areas where crowds of customers are likely to form: cash registers, fish, meat or vegetables sections, etc.
Socialtec is the new platform developed by Carttec with state-of-the-art technology to control both the capacity of any space where crowds can form as well as any place where social distancing has to be controlled.
Socialtec is a product issued from our Horustec range but with its own entity. It allows, by the use of beacons to view the location of each customer and total capacity within the established area in real time, guaranteeing the peace of mind and safety of the users. Each customer receives a small device when entering the establishment to be carried while shopping. The device alerts the shop with acoustic and vibrating signals when two users fail to keep the safety distance. The devices can be paired up for customers attending the establishment together.
Socialtec’s interface provides visibility on the locations of each person in real time as well as the total number of people in the premises at any given moment. All the activity can be recorded in case further analysis is required. In addition, this interface can be displayed on a screen at the entrance of the establishment to regulate the flow of customers. It can also incorporate any information deemed appropriate by the shop’s management.
Among the numerous advantages of Socialtec, the following are worth mentioning:
- It prevents the formation of crowds.
- It controls if social distancing is being done effectively.
- It ensures the customer’s peace of mind.
- It allows real-time accurate monitoring of the establishment’s maximum capacity without the use of estimates as it is currently the case.
- It prevents the employees from having to confront the users.
- It prevents the security staff from having to confront the users.
- Establishments will save up on floor vinyl signage displaying the allowed distances to be kept.
- Simple installation and invisible to the customer.