Carttec was founded in 2007 as a company dedicated to the distribution of equipment for supermarkets and hypermarkets, with a team of 6 people in a small industrial building in Alcobendas, Madrid.
15 years later, Carttec has not stopped growing, consolidating its structure to become a reference in the commercial equipment sector through:
- Exclusive distribution agreements with Gatekeeper to distribute its products in Spain and Portugal. The most prominent among these are the anti-theft systems for trolleys.
- Collaboration with international companies and manufacturers, including marketing for the hospitality and airport sectors.
- Establishing international agreements with Asian manufacturers, especially for the trolley market.
- Creating the logistics centre in Ribarroja del Turia, Valencia.
- Strengthening its relationship with the University of Salamanca, promoting the creation of innovative products that aim to revolutionise the retail world through its R&D&I centre.
- Creating Carttec’s R&D&I unit, which was the origin of Cartteclab, where everything from intelligent trolleys and real-time data management systems for various sectors to anti-collision systems for forklifts and workers and other important innovations have been developed.
- Carttec’s expansion into new sectors. In addition to working with the retail, airport and hotel sectors, events, healthcare and industry have also been introduced.
We currently have a team of 50 people, and we wanted to celebrate these 15 years in style with all of them. Because for Carttec, human capital is just as important as financial capital, if not more so, to result in a stronger team that is united by solid leadership:
Carttec, innovating for the future, revolutionising the present.